We focus our practice in the following areas:
- Cannabis Law. Breaking into Nevada and California's heavily regulated cannabis industry will require assistance from legal professionals that know the industry and its players. We can help take your business idea from dirt to dollars, giving your venture the legal support necessary through each phase of the project’s lifecycle. Operating a cannabis business in Nevada requires compliance with local, state, and federal laws, the procurement of licenses, and partnering with vendors to complete a supply chain. We can help you navigate every obstacle and get your idea up and running as efficiently as possible.
- Business Law. Our team can help build companies from the ground up, assisting with entity formation and ongoing corporate governance. We can facilitate corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures, as well as the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of contracts and agreements. Our team’s ample experience in business law informs our strategic guidance, which will seek to best position your business and protect your interests.
- Environmental and Energy Law. If you are pursuing a project that intersects with environmental or energy concerns, you will likely meet stiff bureaucratic resistance. We represent business owners and landowners and can work to cut through red tape and move projects forward. Our team has experience resolving issues with land use and zoning and can explore all potential options in overcoming regulatory obstacles.
- Administrative Law. When ongoing challenges threaten your business interests, our team can help you explore administrative legal solutions. This can include, for example, direct negotiation with local governments, planning commissions, and city councils, as well as broader lobbying efforts seeking to remove persistent barriers. If you are struggling to obtain a particular type of permit or license, we can also work to pursue innovative legal solutions and alternate means of achieving your goals.
- Appellate Law. Should you receive an unfavorable court decision that threatens your interests or if you want to preserve your successful trial court judgment, we can advocate for your interests on appeal. We have experience drafting appellate briefs in both state and federal courts and are familiar with how to effectively navigate the appeals process.