Nevada and California Mergers and Acquisitions Attorneys
Facilitating Large-Scale Transactions for Nevada and California Businesses
The sale or merging of business entities are among the most complex transactions in business law. They require a complete understanding of the scope of every company involved, as well as the relevant state and federal laws. These deals transform the businesses involved, and careful legal attention must be paid to every facet of the transaction to ensure a smooth transition.
Our Nevada and California mergers and acquisitions lawyers at Flynn Giudici can help you:
- Complete the sale
- Merging of your company to or with another
We have a thorough knowledge of the legal, financial, and business mechanisms involved in facilitating these transactions. We work to understand your goals in a deal before ensuring your interests are protected at every stage of the process.
Our firm is committed to helping take business owners and entrepreneurs from idea to exit. We work with many of our clients throughout the lifecycle of their venture, building from the ground up, helping it grow, and negotiating the best possible outcomes. Our team understands the stakes of these deals and will work to maximize your investment.
How We Can Help You Facilitate a Sale or Merger
The precise process for completing a sale or merger of businesses will depend on the scale, complexity, and type of entities involved. Publicly held versus privately held companies require different steps and negotiating strategies. The transfer of assets across state lines also subjects you to differing regulations. We are equipped to handle a wide variety of scenarios of all shapes, types, and sizes.
Our Nevada and California mergers and acquisitions lawyers at Flynn Giudici stand ready to help get your deal across the finish line. We are prepared to serve as your advocate in every stage of the process—from performing due diligence on potential targets, to helping initiate conversations between the parties, and to negotiating terms favorable to you and your interests. Our firm is capable of assisting businesses of all types, but we are especially experienced in navigating the regulatory obstacles associated with the cannabis industry. No matter your specific needs, our attorneys will go the extra mile in seeing that your deal is successfully closed.
Experience with Cannabis as it Relates to Business Law
Marine Corps Background & Veteran Community Support
Licensed to Practice in Nevada & California
Free Consultation to Evaluate Your Business Needs
Our mergers and acquisitions attorneys can guide you through some of the following common steps:
- Identifying your goals in the transaction. If you are looking to exit an investment or business, you are likely seeking to maximize profitability while minimizing liability. Understanding these objectives is paramount and will form the bedrock of how we handle your matter.
- Flag and prepare for potential legal obstacles. We will review the circumstances of all businesses involved in the transaction and identify potential regulatory obstacles that may arise during the course of the transaction. We will then prepare potential solutions and review their implications, allowing you to make an informed decision that aligns with your goals.
- Develop a clear timeline for the transaction. Even the simplest mergers, sales, and acquisitions take a significant amount of time to properly close. After evaluating the scope of the transaction and what will be required to complete it, we can map out a schedule that approximates the amount of time it will take to clear each step of the process.
- Walk you through deal and negotiation tactics. We will review our strategies for securing the best position possible and ensure they are consistent with your objectives.
- Evaluate tax implications. Our lawyers have advanced tax degrees, which we use to leverage and assess any tax-related consequences the transaction might generate. This allows us to work with you to minimize tax exposure.
- Perform due diligence on other parties involved. You should have a full understanding of any business entity involved in a large transaction. We can perform due diligence, auditing the necessary financial documents, contracts, liabilities, debt instruments, employee rosters, and everything else you will need to feel confident about moving forward with a deal.
- Procure the necessary third-party consents. In many situations, an entity involved in the transaction will have existing contracts with vendors and other third-party companies. Another entity may also be partially beholden to lenders, investors, or financiers. We can help attain approvals and permissions from these involved parties before the transaction proceeds.
- Overcome regulatory hurdles. We have experience managing and facilitating solutions to regulatory problems of various types. We can anticipate potential regulatory issues throughout the process and take steps to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Negotiate, announce, and close the deal. Once the runway to the transaction is cleared, we can help draft, review, and negotiate the final contractual terms of the transaction and ensure they are in line with your vision and goals.
- Facilitate the transfer of assets. A great deal of physical and monetary assets must change hands to complete a deal, a process that often outstrips commonly accessible financial instruments. This transfer must also take place in such a way that protects all parties from tampering or fraud. We can work with the necessary professionals to help safely and efficiently transfer all assets to the right place.