Nevada and California Cannabis Transaction Attorneys
Providing Our Clients with Corporate and Transactional Law Services
It is essential that cannabis businesses in Nevada and California retain legal representation that has a robust understanding of local, state, and federal laws. The continuing conflict between state and federal rules involving cannabis and cannabis products alone creates a need for a legal team prepared to protect and advise you.
The cannabis industry is one of the fastest growing and evolving opportunities in Nevada and California. Not surprisingly, it is heavily and aggressively regulated, with significant enforcement and oversight. Running a successful business in any industry requires that you follow all local laws and regulations, including those involving corporate governance and transactions. The same is true, if not more so, for operating a cannabis business.
How We Can Help With Your Business
Our Nevada and California cannabis transaction lawyers at Flynn Giudici can provide your business with the counsel it needs to successfully operate and grow. Our team has experience working in the intersection of business and cannabis law and can help you remain in compliance with local, state, and federal law.
Our Nevada and California cannabis transaction lawyers at Flynn Giudici are committed to serving the short- and long-term needs of our Nevada and California clients. Whether you are looking to form a startup or have an existing business seeking to expand into the cannabis industry, our capable, experienced team is ready to give you the counsel required to succeed in the heavily regulated and quickly expanding cannabis market.
Experience with Cannabis as it Relates to Business Law
Marine Corps Background & Veteran Community Support
Licensed to Practice in Nevada & California
Consultations to Evaluate Your Business Needs
Our Nevada and California cannabis transaction lawyers can assist you in any of the following areas:
- Entity selection and formation. The type of entity formed in service of a cannabis-related venture can have dramatic implications on business owners’ personal and financial liability. After evaluating your goals, we can advise on which entity type will be most effective in serving those needs and assist in the formal filing and registration process.
- Commercial real estate. Nevada and California regulations stipulate specific zoning, location, and layout requirements for facilities conducting cannabis operations. We can help negotiate these deals and ensure compliance with all local and state regulations.
- Corporate governance. Our team can consult on decisions and advise on decisions made at the corporate level. We have experience working with the cannabis industry and can make recommendations based on our knowledge of potential business, legal, and tax liability consequences.
- Government investigations. Cannabis businesses are placed under a heavy level of scrutiny. Even those who make good faith efforts to comply with all laws and regulations could face action from enforcement agencies, especially given the inherent, ongoing conflict between state and federal law. We can help you navigate any investigation process, work to protect your interests, and minimize liability.
- Contract negotiation. Every business needs contracts, but the cannabis industry generally requires carefully vetted agreements that both serve your needs and remain compliant with local, state, and federal law. We can draft, review, and negotiate contracts, distribution agreements, real estate leases, acquisition agreements, credit agreements, employment contracts, and much more.
- Debt and equity financing for new businesses. Nevada and California mandate specific requirements for business owners, partners, and officers seeking to obtain commercial licenses for cannabis facilities. If your startup is in the process of raising funds, we can work to ensure your financial transactions result in continued eligibility.
- Mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures. Because the state of Nevada and California mandates that business owners in a cannabis venture meet certain conditions, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures can fall under an increased level of scrutiny. We can help advise on the viability of a proposed plan, identify potential regulatory obstacles, and help you navigate the process of completing the transaction.